Rates & Insurance
Keep in mind, Renfro & Associates, LLC will see all patients regardless of their race, color, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay. A discounted/sliding fee schedule is available. In some instances, services may be free for you. Contact me to learn more details!
Persons in Household Explanation:
All individuals who define and present themselves as a family for services, regardless of actual or perceived marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. A family may be a group of related or unrelated persons who share living arrangements, expenses, and income. Non-relatives, such as housemates, do not count as members of a family.
|2020 Federal Poverty Guidelines & Renfro & Associates, LLC Sliding Fee Discount for Behavioral Health Services|
Persons in Household*
|Annual Income: at or
below 100% FPL
|Annual Income: 101% up to 150% FPL||
Annual Income: 151% up to
Annual Income: 176% up to
Nominal charge ($15)
|Payment will be discussed during the consultation.|
I accept the following Commerical Insurances, Medicaid Plans, and EAP Plans:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and Healthy Blue Medicaid (Louisiana)
- Cigna Commerical Insurance Plans including Cigna EPA
- United Healthcare Commerical Insurance Plans and United Healthcare Medicaid (Louisiana)
- United Healthcare EPA (Through Harrah’s Casino)
- Magellan Behavioral Health
- AmeriHealth Caritas Medicaid (Louisiana)
- Aetna Commerical Insurance Plans and Aetna Better Health Medicaid (Louisiana)
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections Medicaid (Louisiana)
- Humana and Humana Military
- Espyr EPA
- NOTE: For out-of-state BCBS commercial insurance plans, you may require prior authorization before services can begin.
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it, and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
I accept cash, commercial insurances, Medicaid, and all major credit cards as forms of payment. Renfro & Associates, LLC will make every reasonable effort to secure payment for services in accordance with its fee schedules and to collect appropriate reimbursement for health services from Title XVIII of the SSA (Medicare Program), Medicaid, CHIP, other public assistance programs, and other third-party payers used by clients. Although Renfro & Associates, LLC cannot require patients to enroll in public or private insurance or related third party coverage, Renfro & Associates, LLC will educate clients on options available to them based on their eligibility for insurance or other third-party coverage. During the application process for the program, the client will receive the sliding fee discount if they qualify based on the income guidelines. No patient who refuses to apply for any public or private insurance program will be denied access to Renfro & Associates, LLC’s sliding fee program.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
It does not matter if you’re in the Shreveport area, Northeast Louisiana, Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, or the New Orleans area, my practice provides counseling throughout the state of Louisiana via telehealth. Sessions are conducted through SimplePractice, a secure HIPPA-compliant format. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!